Monday, July 21, 2008

In the Tune of June and Half TimeJuly

There is so much to say and I have not said much at all. In the post that follows, you will see pictures that have made me happy and read words that express odd feelings I have about the state of things and what's to come. The words and feelings don't truly express the feelings I have about the pictures and my experiences in Korea, as they have all made me happy. Although, Seoul has been a rainy place so far this summer but I am still happy about my time here. While the state of the world is questionable, my mental state has been right good. I have been picking up Britishisms from friends. It is now August and I have but a month to go in Seoul before I return home. There are a lot of things I will miss in Korea. The pictures that follow are a small glimpse of what I will miss. I do miss home though, and although the following does not include most recent events, I will be updating again soon with reflections on my trip to Japan. Until then...



The start of the Summer in Seoul


Neon and Fast


Artistic and Unrefined


Cavemen with Kanye West Glasses


Telling our Survival


Migrations towards the Music


False Advertising


Like Harry Potter


A Strange World


Butt Familiar


Seoul Tower pierces the Sky


Deer feces pleasantly odoriferous in the midst of City Smells


Far from the Herd


Far from a recent Past


Trying to tame Nature


Increasing the Baroness of Our Earth Mother


The Future is Over and Over Again


We will be on the Move


And Masking our Feelings


Enforced by Tanks in Public Places


Caged while trying to cross Bridges


Stone Statues of a Feasible Future


A New World Order


Saying how to be happy


Hotter than


Kids being cool


National pride


And people waiting


to Unify


while concrete fights a pretty Sky


Lost Love letters are given to Strangers


We all want to be beautiful


and wish we could fly


Boobi Boobi


Belly Dancing


Loosing One's head amidst all of the Trash


Feeling Homeless regardless of Prosperity


The sun sets on construction


Friends celebrate their last days together


Bombs buried in the Globe


Monopolies happy to capitalize


but there is still Solace in Summer...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*sigh*

You have a beautiful way of portraying your life through picture poetry. I love it and miss it.

it's strange being in some of those pictures since I already am feeling like it's becoming an increasingly distant memory...